Situated on a diversion of Auloue river, the name of which is diverted from "Alama", water in pre-Celtic, the DOAT water mill
already existed in the XIVth century, as gives evidence of it the
mode of cutting of certain stones. The height of the former floors
and the presence of the courier the length
of the room of grindstones prove that it was endowed with a paddle wheel pulling a single grindstone.
Reshaped in the XVIIth
century (kitchen sink of the outside wall), the mill was built stone as
a replacement of a probably wooden upper level.
It included then a part
reserved for the house and the other one for the grindstone. The
entrance was then made by a door situated above the courier
which we reached by a footbridge. The vestiges of the entrance of period are still visible inside the room of grindstones.
For reasons of productivity, the mill was then transformed by eliminating the paddle wheel and
Probably further to an explosion due to the firedamp or still under the knocks of the revolutionary peasant revolts
(mills were one of symbols of the privileges of the noble persons because commonplace mill) the mill burned.
Stones still keep the
memory of this fire as well as the stone floors in red ground of
the ground of the room of grindstones.
by installing a grindstone in rodet horizontal, doubtless in trunk, the
levels having then been reshaped to allow a sufficient working height,
a wide opening on the highly-rated being practised. The building is surmounted by a house and by attic.
After the revolution of 1789, the DOAT water mill was doubtless sold as national monument.
The new owners then made reconstruct to add another body of including building
a barn at the ground floor and a baker's oven surmounted by the housing.
A second grindstone in said rodet " in tank " is installed to the right of the first one.
In the 1820s - 1830, the left grindstone came down from twenty centimeters to obtain a better return.
During Louis-Philippe's reign, the height and the width of the dike of restraint are definitively fixed and
this one is reconstructed such as we can see it at present.
The grain mill will work until 1939 not being able to any more compete with flour-mills.